Wednesday, June 29, 2011

R I P Taffy

Taffy was rescued by me, when I was working with RRRI. She was one year old then. Bless her heart, she had only known living outdoors in a pen, never went anywhere, except to the vet and had what we call "kennelosis"...anything other than what she knew scared her and she would either bolt away or be frozen to the spot.

This photo was taken after I had her about 7 months. I took her and my other dogs up to north Baldwin county to a 350 acre hunting area where my friend lived. I wondered if she would run off, but she loved my dogs and trusted me . We took them out through the woods and saw deer, squirrels, rabbits and even swam in the pond. Lordy! She had a wonderful time that day and was passed out in the backseat before we left the driveway. A happy, happy dog.

I had her 8 months rehabilitating her to be halfway normal. Even though she would always be afraid of new things, she loved it at my house and was normal as she could be. It took us 8 months to transition her over to her new home with the Romanos and, like here, home was fine, just the outside world was a scary place.

Taffy lost her fight with Mast Cell cancer at 10 years of age. She was good dog and always tried her best to please. We will miss you, sweet girl

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

A photo album of cute photos - mostly dogs - but other photos of interesting stuff that others have sent me to be posted for all to enjoy! Go back to Kalahari RRs when you are done.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP